1) Provide financial support for the meetings prior to the Congress for the plenary and invited speakers, and for subsistence and travel expenses of the prize winners.
2) Waive registration fees for plenary and invited speakers, as well as prize winners.
3) Publish Congress Proceedings by the DMFA Publishing House in cooperation with the EMS Publishing House. The OC will appoint editors of the Proceedings, who will cooperate with the EMS Executive Committee. This includes cooperation regarding the decisions related to the format and distribution of the Proceedings.
4) Publish a scientific congress magazine. Copies of this publication, together with EMS publicity, will be included in the conference packs.
5) Offer a free booth in the exhibition area to the EMS and guarantee that all EMS member societies will benefit from a reduced rate.
6) Invite mathematicians and national mathematical societies to organize mathematical conferences and workshops as satellite activities of the congress and to accept or reject candidates. Meetings that charge a registration fee will only be accepted as satellite activities if the organizers will agree to grant at least 20% discount on registration fees for those participants who also attend the 8ECM.
7) State in any congress publicity that the 8ECM is the quadrennial congress of the EMS and to place the EMS logo prominently.