Abstract submission for the 8ECM is now closed!
The deadline for submissions was closed May 1, 2021 (23:59 CET).
Participants who have completed the registration process can contribute to the 8ECM with a talk or poster (with optional video) at a minisymposium (MS) or a special session. The organizers of the MS are responsible for approving abstracts submitted to their sessions. The chair of each special session is responsible for approving talks for their special session.
To participate as a speaker you must register with the registration option Active e-participation. Only this format includes contributed presentations in lecture and poster formats. Please note that you have to complete the registration process (i.e. pay the registration fee).
To upload your contribution, first access your personal registration platform using the link sent to you upon registration. Select »submit an abstract« and complete the form as indicated on the page. Upon successful completion of your submission, you will receive an email confirmation.
Please note that each participant may only submit their abstract once.
Each special session is named after one of the following 18 research areas; the last one is a general session:
- Algebraic and Complex Geometry
- Analysis and its Applications
- Combinatorics and Discrete Mathematics
- Differential Geometry and Applications
- Dynamical Systems and Ordinary Differential Equations and Applications
- Logic and Mathematical Aspects of Computer Science
- Mathematical Image and Signal processing
- Mathematical Physics
- Mathematics Education and History of Mathematics
- Mathematics in Science and Technology
- Number Theory
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Optimization and Control
- Partial Differential Equations and Applications
- Statistics and Financial Mathematics
- General session
In the case that the MS Chair does not approve your abstract, he/she may propose you contribute with a poster or redirect you to a special session. You will be notified of this by email.
If you have lost your registration details, or have questions regarding your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information on the registration and submission process, you can also visit our FAQ page at www.8ecm.si/for-participants/faq.