Terms and Conditions
According to the Code of Obligations (Official Gazette of the Republic Slovenia no. 97/07), Consumer Protection Act (Official Gazette of the Republic Slovenia no. 98/04, 114/06, 126/07, 86/09, 78/11 and 38/14), Personal Data Protection Act (Official Gazette of the Republic Slovenia no. 94/07) and in line with the Directive on electronic commerce (2000/31/EC) and Directive on Consumer Rights (2011/83/EC), Abelium d.o.o., Kajuhova ulica 90, SI-1119 Ljubljana, Slovenia, declares GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS for the 8ecm.si website and online conference registration & payment process
Article 1 - Conference Organizers
- University of Primorska
- Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies – UP FAMNIT
- Glagoljaška 8
- SI-6000 Koper
in collaboration with
- UL FMF - University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Jadranska ulica 19, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- UM FNM - University of Maribor, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Koroška cesta 160, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenija
- Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Mechanics - IMFM, Jadranska ulica 19, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Society of Mathematicians, Physicists and Astronomers - DMFA, Jadranska ulica 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- The Slovenian Discrete and Applied Mathematics Society - SDAMS, Kettejeva 1, 6000 Koper, Slovenia, and
- Abelium d.o.o., Kajuhova ulica 90, 1000 ljubljana.
All inquiries regarding the organization should be sent directly to the conference e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 2 - ICT service provider
Abelium d.o.o. is a co-organizer responsible for the implementation and support of the information communication technology (website, payment support, backoffice services, etc.). Abelium d.o.o. is also the owner of the website 8ecm.si.
- Abelium d.o.o.
- Kajuhova ulica 90
- SI-1119 Ljubljana
- ID number: 3557952000
- Registered at: AJPES - Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Public Legal Records and Related Services
- VAT number: SI65141326
- Email: info(at)abelium.eu
- Website: http://www.abelium.eu
All inquiries regarding the credit card payment should be sent to the above email address.
Article 3 - Contractual Partners
By registering for a conference and accepting these Terms and Conditions you are entering into contract with Abelium d.o.o., acting as the ICT service provider and the owner of the conference web site and UP FAMNIT as the main Organizer of the conference.
The contract includes the services in the following article and lasts until the conclusion of the conference.
Article 4 - Services Offered
By registering and paying the conference fee you are entitled to attend the conference, including:
- Participation in all scientific sessions
- Congress bag with all congress materials
- Access to the exhibition areas
- Access to the Welcome Reception, Opening Ceremony and Closing Ceremony
- Coffee breaks throughout the Congress
Article 5 - Payment process
Participant can pay the conference fee on his/her personalized page. He/she can access this page by link that was sent in registration confirmation email. The conference fee differs in regard to the date of payment (i.e. early or late registration) and the status of the customer (i.e. reduced student fee). if the participant pays the wrong amount of conference fee, the Organizer can deny the participant attendance at the Conference until the correct amount is paid in full.
Participant can choose between two methods of payment:
- Bank transfer, using the information provided on the payment page. The payment is confirmed after the correct amount is received on the account stated on payment page.
- Credit card payment.For the credit card data entry, the customer is redirected to a secure server of the payment processing bank. Payment can be made with the following credit or debit cards: VISA, VISA Electron, MASTERCARD and MAESTRO. The participant’s credit card will be debited right after a successful competition of the payment process.
Participant will receive the payment receipt by email in 48 hours after the confirmation of payment and must bring it to the conference venue as a proof of payment. The payment invoice will be presented to the customer after the Congress.
Article 6 - Currency and prices
Currency of all conference fees as well as the currency in which the payment is made is European euro (EUR). All prices that are stated on this website are final and include VAT (Value Added Tax). Participant must pay this exact amount, except if paying in other currency. In this case participant’s bank is responsible for the transaction, it may convert the funds to European euro which may result in additional costs for the participant.
Article 7 - Payment cancelation
We understand that cancelations are sometime necessary. Delegates may receive a refund for cancellation, the amount depends on the cancellation date:
- Cancellation requests made by March 2, 2020 – 75 % of registration fee is refunded.
- Cancellation requests made by June 1, 2020 – 50 % of registration fee is refunded.
- No refunds will be granted after June 1, 2020.
If you have to cancel your participation and would like to be refunded, please send by e-mail a written request to email@example.com before June 1, 2020, 23:59 (GMT+1).
Refund will be issued after the 8ECM. Bank charges will be deducted from the refund. Refunds will be paid in Euros. Email should include all the data regarding the payment with the receipt attached. A full refund minus a 30 EUR administrative charge will be issued to the account provided by the customer.
8ECM will not be responsible for any losses, including (but not limited to) airline cancelation charges or hotel deposits.
By registering for the 8ECM you agree with the cancellation policy.
The participant authorizes and permits the Payment service provider and the Organizer to collect, archive, use and share personal data of the participant in line with the valid regulations concerning the personal data protection. The data provided by the participant will NOT be transferred to third parties and will be used only for the purpose of conducting the conference (e.g. for email notifications, creating the conference schedule and Book of Abstracts, for registration confirmations, etc.).
Specifically, the credit card data will be securely transferred and saved by the bank which processes the credit card payments and will NOT be accessible by the Payment service provider or the Organizer.
Article 9 - Final provisions
The contractual parties hereby agree that all matters arising from this Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by mutual agreement. The parties agree to the jurisdiction of the court in Ljubljana, Slovenia, the law of choice is Slovenian law.
The Payment service provider reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
These Terms and Conditions come into force on the day following their publication on the 8ecm.si website.